Monday, March 4, 2013

Taking Wise Advice

Moses listened to his father-in-law and did everything he said. He chose capable men from all Israel and made them leaders of the people, officials over thousands, hundreds, fifties and tens. They served as judges for the people at all times. The difficult cases they brought to Moses, but the simple ones they decided themselves. (Exodus 18:24-26)
I don't know about you, but often I need to hear things more than once in order to change. I am not the best at changing plans. here Moses sets a good example for me and perhaps you as well. We need the fresh and honest advice of those around us. Even someone from the outside may offer some sound advice, as he may be coming from a fresh perspective. As the old saying goes, at times we are so deep in the forest we cannot see the trees! Jethro listened, observed, and offered sound advice while still respecting Moses' decision making and responsibilities. Moses humbly accepted and applied the tactics. All things worked out for the better! Speaking for myself, I need to be more aware of others' sound (and biblical) advice when it comes to work, family, and relationships. I cannot do it all my way all the time. Everyone will be better off.
Taking wise advice . . .

No comments:

Yes vs No . . . Do not cheat God and family!

But my eyes are fixed on You, Sovereign Lord; in You, I take refuge—do not give me over to death. Keep me safe from the traps set by evil...