Monday, March 25, 2013

Old and Out of Touch? Planning retirement . . .

Do not cast me away when I am old; do not forsake me when my strength is gone. For my enemies speak against me; those who wait to kill me conspire together. They say, “God has forsaken him; pursue him and seize him, for no one will rescue him.” (Psalm 71:9-11)
I want the end of my life to be better than my beginnings. Since the Lord rescued me back in 1993, I want to believe I am living more for Him now than ever before. I want to be showing progress, not regression. It would be a shame to be old and out of touch with the Lord! Finishing strong is so important to us as individuals, but also to our families and those under our influence. You see, teenagers and those in their early twenties are not the only ones falling away from their faith! Recently, I have heard of and witnessed many older men, those who have beem married for twenty to thirty years now deciding to leave their wife and families. To me this is disgusting!!!! To make it worse, these men are leaders in their churches and some whom I have been in small group Bible studies. The psalmist fears drifting away from the Lord in his old age. We all should fear this and make plans to stay strong! Retirement is not a time to leave the Lord. In fact, it is time to get closer! It is time to pray harder. It is time to work even more for Him, because we have more time! As we plan vacations, family activities, and the like, we need to plan time with the Lord.
So how do we plan for retirement and when . . . NOW is the time!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...