Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Not in Vain

I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your boasting in Christ Jesus will abound on account of me. Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ(Philippians 1:23-27)
While some view it as a cop-out to desire to be with Christ, it is my goal. What peace there will be . . . what joy knowing there will be no more temptation to sin and no more consequences from sin! However, the greatest joy will be simply to see my Savior, the very One who loved me enough to rescue me when I was so low! As much as I love my family, to be home is my goal.
Yet until He returns or at the least comes for me, there is work to be done! My life should be lived out to the glory of God and for the purpose of letting others expereince Him! It is not in vain! This is my prayer!!!!

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...