Thursday, March 21, 2013

my defense and my offense

Be my rock of refuge,to which I can always go; give the command to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress. Deliver me, my God, from the hand of the wicked,from the grasp of those who are evil and cruel.(Psalm 71:3-4)
In other words, God is my large fort or fortified town . . . . a place or source of refuge or support. He is where I go for protection, to re-arm my weapons, and to find encouragement and support. He is my strong wall of protection. He is my arsenal Whom I go to when I am out of weapons. He is my defense and my offense. He is all I need and should be all I desire! What is God to Us? Is He only there when we run out of our own schemes and devices? Do we seemingly try to do this thing called called life on our own day after day until we sit helpless, bloody and battered, and then run back to Jesus? I know I find myself there at times! Oh, if I would only realize that it is God all along where I can find all I need! As it has been said, when I realiz all I have is Jesus, I ralize Jesus is all I need!
For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.(Colossians 1:16-17)

No comments:

Yes vs No . . . Do not cheat God and family!

But my eyes are fixed on You, Sovereign Lord; in You, I take refuge—do not give me over to death. Keep me safe from the traps set by evil...