Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Keep leaning Forward . . .

Suppose I go on living in my body. Then I will be able to carry on my work. It will bear a lot of fruit. But what should I choose? I don’t know. I can’t decide between the two. I long to leave this world and be with Christ. That is better by far. (Philippians 1:22-23)
Challenges in the Christian life and in serving others cause us to wonder if what we do is really worth it at times. We get ridiculed, rejected, even lied on at times. Many times I find myself asking the Lord, "When are You coming back?" Yet however glorious it will seem to be in heaven with the Lord and all His saints, there is still work to do until Jesus says it's time! So let's not grow weary in doing good. Wedo it to honor Christ, not to bring any applause upon ourselves. God is still at work and it is His Spirit that will change folks and even keep us going.
As my friend once told me, "keep leaning forward . . ."

No comments:

Yes vs No . . . Do not cheat God and family!

But my eyes are fixed on You, Sovereign Lord; in You, I take refuge—do not give me over to death. Keep me safe from the traps set by evil...