Thursday, March 14, 2013

Is HE my reason for doing all that I do?

But what does it matter? Here is the important thing. Whether for reasons that are right or wrong, Christ is being preached about. That makes me very glad. (Philippians 1:18)
I grew up in a large denominational church and even though I have been born-again now for twenty years, the legalism agenga still creeps in now and then. I am made to feel guilty by what others might think, by how many times I do this or that, or by the amount of work I might do for the church. These are the times when paul's words ring true and bring back to what really matters; my relationship with my Savior and the spreading of the Gospel. You see, Jesus is not keeping tabs on how many times I attend church or how many ministries have me signed up on their calendars. it's not about how much I tithe or whom I am friends with in the church. The title I hold or the seat I sit upon is not important. While I should regularly attend church, support ministry events, give of my finances, and encourgae fellow members and the church leaders, what matters most is JESUS!
Is HE my reason for doing all that I do?
JESUS must be my reason for living. HE alone must nbe my motivation for serving within the Church. HE is why I volunteer or attend.I give to JESUS, not man or a building or a cause. I support my pastor and church leaders because they support JESUS' agenda and not their own. I live and breathe for HIS applause, not others'! This needs to be my goal. One of my influential mentors always reminds me: Only what I do for CHRIST will last.
Work at everything you do with all your heart. Work as if you were working for the Lord, not for human masters. Work because you know that you will finally receive as a reward what the Lord wants you to have. You are serving the Lord Christ.(Colossians 3:23-24)

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...