Saturday, February 2, 2013

like a genie in a bottle?

Suppose I close up the sky and there isn’t any rain. Suppose I command locusts to eat up the crops. And I send a plague among my people. But they make themselves low in my sight. They pray and look to me. And they turn from their evil ways. Then I will listen to them from heaven. I will forgive their sin. And I will heal their land. After all, they are my people.(2 Chronicles 7:13-14)
Even if God is about to discipline us or even a nation, there is still chance to repent. He may still hold back His hand if even on just a few. God's desire is to see us walking in His will and to bless us. He wants others to see His glory among His peope. The key is walking in His will and asking for things within the guidelines of His will for us! We simply cannot live the way we want and expect God to grant our wishes like some genie in a bottle!
"Anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. In fact, he will do even greater things. That is because I am going to the Father. And I will do anything you ask in my name. Then the Son will bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name. I will do it.(John 14:12-14)
Let's notice the key words in the message from John above: Anyone who has faith in Me will do what I have been doing. Jesus did nothing but the Father's will. All His actions were done to bring glory to the Father. We all need to remember that the key to God's blessings is obedience. It is also important to remember to be obedient to honor the Lord, not to receive blessings.
We must simply trust God to provide all we need to accomplish His will in our lives. It's that elementary!

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...