Thursday, February 7, 2013

God Provides Just Enough

The Lord said to Gideon, “With the three hundred men that lapped I will save you and give the Midianites into your hands. Let all the others go home.” So Gideon sent the rest of the Israelites home but kept the three hundred, who took over the provisions and trumpets of the others. (Judges 7:7-8)
Do we really trust God to provide? How is it we continually ask for more . . . continually seek more, need more, want more . . .when maybe God has said that I have already provided you with just enough? I believe we are unaware many times how much we still try to do things by the world's standards and forget that God still does the impossible for those who really trust in Him! Gideon was told by God to trust Him. David trusted in Him. I have seen Him work in my life. I leave you with these comforting words from the psalmist:
Now this I know: The Lord gives victory to his anointed. He answers him from his heavenly sanctuary with the victorious power of his right hand. Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. (Psalm 20:6-7)

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...