Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Not me!

Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming. As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”(1 Peter 1:13-16)
I recall when I used to be asked "Who did that?" I would morethan often reply, "Not me!" Not me . . . I don't know . . . a lot of excuses for the things I did as a child. But now I am a man and must be held accountavle for the things I do! God wants us to admit our sin and shortcomings. Once we come to grips with them, then He can step in and help us to change. To be holy requires change on our part first: we must desire change! God will not force it upon us! His Spirit will not do what we will not allow. We have to become willing and humble ourselves before God. (Romans 3:23, 1 John 1:9) Are we able to say along with Paul that we have put our childish ways behind us?
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.(1 Corinthians 13:11)

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...