Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Living on the Word . . .

How can a young person keep his life pure? By living in keeping with your word. I trust in you with all my heart. Don’t let me wander away from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart so that I won’t sin against you. Lord, I give praise to you. Teach me your orders. With my lips I talk about all of the decisions you have made. Following your covenant laws gives me joy just as great riches give joy to others. I spend time thinking about your rules. I consider how you want me to live. I take delight in your orders. I won’t fail to obey your word.(Psalm 119:9-16)
I have often had the discussion with young and old alike: "How can we posibly not sin?" We all have said from time to time "I am only human!" Yet while it is true that we are born with a sin nature, those who have been svaed by the blood of Christ and sealed by His Holy Spirit are indeed able to not sin! The psalmist wrote it in Psalm 119: "so that I won't sin against You!" So how? The key is in His Word! We must be living on the Word of God daily and throughout the day! Scripture is not just for sermons and Bible lessons. It is not simply a morning devotion or a Sunday School lesson. It is a way of life! In order to be cme more like Jesus we must live His Words more and more. As we do, we find ourselves sinning less and less; perhaps not sin-less, but sinning less and less! We must be living stones (1 Peter 2:5). . . proving the will of God for all to see. (Romans 12:1-2) What is the litmus test of a true Christ-follower? Read below . . .
“If you obey my teaching,” he said, “you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth. And the truth will set you free.” (John 8:31-32)

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...