Thursday, January 10, 2013

It is not about me!

God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.” Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. (1 Peter 5:5-7)
Boy am I finding out how true this statement is from Peter! Though we may believe we are qualified for positions, God makes the determination where we need to be and when. As we learn to accept His will for us, despite how much we whine and complain, things are much better off in His will. In the past few years, God has ben humbling me. I do not always like it, but I am beginning to see how depending upon Him as my Source for all things is better than me being the source of all things.
It is not about me!
God have your perfect way and please give me the patience and humility to allow You to complete the work!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...