Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Leaving the world behind . . .

. . .if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.(2 Peter 2:9)
There is a time as a Christian when each of us is faced with a monumental decison. Do I follow God one hundred percent or do I compromise? Am I all in or only part of the way? Am I looking for fire insurance or a radically different life?
Have you reached that crossroads yet? I did some fifteen years ago.
Having been saved for some five years prior to this date, I was faced with a radical change. I wanted a wife and mother in the home for me and my daughter. I wanted more in m life. God was calling me to more. I had fallen in love with a beautiful Christian women who had two children of her own. it would be a second marrige for both of us. I knew the statistics and dangers of secon marriages. Risky at best . . . dangerous in the least. All the Christian counsel said watch out . . . run . . . wait . . . don't do it. This was from my trusted friends! Then I turned to God . . . He let me know His grace was sufficient for all sin and He would allow a second chance, but only if I commited to Him first. My soon to be wife agreed. This was our decision before our God and no one else could ever imagine the strength it took to get through the early years! We never could have imagined what his plan would hold for our family! Through all the ups and downs of a second marriage, blended family, and all the issues that would arise, God called us to full time mission work right in our own backyard. He called us to leave our secular jobs and depend upon Him for support of our daily needs. We obeyed and fifteen years later we are standing in the middle of His grace and still serving Him! Just nobodies serving a God who loves everybody!
Are you facing a decision? Do you doubt yourself or doubt God?
It has not been easy. Yet it has been rewarding to know whom we are working for each day. The consequences of our past abound, but the hope we have in Christ more abounds! I would never go back! God never quits on His part in our lives. We will not quit on Him, no matter how difficult it may become!
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.(Romans 8:26-28)
Visit our web pages and see what God is doing . . . www.tsnministries.org

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...