Friday, December 7, 2012

The Finish Line

For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time for my departure is near. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day . . . and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.(2 Timothy 4: 6-8)
Life can and will be very challenging. Beleievers were NEVER promised riches, glory, great health, good times, and the like . . . in THIS world! The rewards await us after we live this portion of life.
We must keep our hearts and lives focused on the finish line!
Paul was in constant challenge, mentally and pysically. His old freinds resented him and hunted him down. His new friends feared him and mistrusted him. He lived for Christ alone and for His time with Him in heaven. Nothing on earth was more rewarding for Paul then to be at the feet of the Savior on that day!
What are we living for today? Where is our heart's focus? Are we anticipating the finish line or living for the thrill of the race?

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...