Saturday, December 8, 2012

God has the answers

For there are many rebellious people, full of meaningless talk and deception, especially those of the circumcision group. They must be silenced, because they are disrupting whole households by teaching things they ought not to teach—and that for the sake of dishonest gain. (Titus 1:10-11)
Wow . . . this could very well have been written today! As we celebrated CHRISTmas with the teens we serve (and their families) I was moved when I read this during my studies this morning. Working one on one with these kids, my wife and I realize the challenges they indeed face. We can see the hearts of the kids. They really want to do right. They want to be successful. They even want to honor God! But they face so many obstacles in their schools, in their communities, and a times even within their homes. Many times it is our task simply to listen and allow them to share their struggles. We do not have all the answers, but God does! His Word sounds forth loud and clear today. The wisdom of God calls out among the streets and in the classrooms. It is our calling to share His Word with the kids in deeds and actions and if we need to . . . with words! Teens today need to see and experience God's love even before they hear it. It is not unlike the days when Jesus walked the earth . . . Meet the needs, then share the Words. God has the answers!
My children, listen to me. Blessed are those who keep my ways. Listen to my teaching and be wise. Don’t turn away from it. Blessed is the one who listens to me. He watches every day at my doors. He waits beside my doorway. Those who find me find life. They receive favor from the Lord. But those who don’t find me harm only themselves. Everyone who hates me loves death.” (Proverbs 8:32-36)

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...