Wednesday, December 12, 2012

. . . between Sundays

I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your love for all his holy people and your faith in the Lord Jesus. I pray that your partnership with us in the faith may be effective in deepening your understanding of every good thing we share for the sake of Christ. Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the Lord’s people.(Philemon 4-7)
It is always good to have a core group around when serving the Lord. The few who support you in think and thin and encourage you when things are challenging. Believe me, things do get challenging . . . Paul here is asking Philemon to live out his faith by forgiving a run away slave, Onesimus, and accepting him just as would accept Paul. here is a fine example of living out the grace and mercy which Christ gave unto Philemon! Active faith shows in real life situations that occur between Sundays. Active faith not only serves others in need, but also encourages fellow believers.
It's not the Sunday worship that proves our faith and witnesses to the unsaved . . . it is what goes on between Sundays . . . outside of the walls of church!

No comments:

Anxious? Fearful? Unsure? Seek His PEACE minute by minute.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the...