Friday, November 9, 2012

It is still the same God

. . .for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:11-13)
Trying times make folks think: I remember the well-paying job . . .fabulous vacations . . . the shopping trips . . . the new car feeling . . . the nights out . . . and on and on. Now we may be faced with lower wages, budget cuts, cancelling cable TV, selling a car, or cutting out the times at the malls and restaurants. Yet we can still be at peace! It is still the same God whether we have much or little. God is still on the throne despite our financial situation, our ailing health, or our relational struggles. We can still trust Him and have peace beyond human understanding. It is not easy . . . but who said it would be? Suffering brings us closer to the Savior.(2 Corinthians 1:8-9)It matures us and perfects our faith.(James 1:2) Do I like to be in need? No! Do I enjoy not be able to provide all my family may need or want? No!
But this is when God steps in . . .

No comments:

Yes vs No . . . Do not cheat God and family!

But my eyes are fixed on You, Sovereign Lord; in You, I take refuge—do not give me over to death. Keep me safe from the traps set by evil...