Thursday, November 8, 2012

God Remains the Source

Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, for I know that through your prayers and God’s provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance. I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. (Philippians 1 :18-21)
We did not choose to leave my former job and work in ministry for the Lord. In fact, it took us a few years to agree with God that He was correct. God chose my wife and me to seeve Him. As ridiculous as that seems, it is true. We heard a clear and precise call from God to leave our jobs and serve Him as missionaries to local families and children here in the DC metro area. So for the past fifteen years, since we became one as husband and wife, we have experienced one miracle after another and countless numbers come to know the Lord. Yet it has not been easy! It has been through prayer, faith, and God's provisions that we can still stand today and continue to serve.
One thing I know for sure, with all the resources available to us all, God remains the Source of all we ever need! My pastor reminded me of this very thing last evening.
Through financial struggles, chugging through on-line studies, family issues, health concerns, and more, God has remained the one constant. He has been there when all else has failed us. He has kept us. Things will indeed get worse in this world. We can see it coming. The question remains: With whom do we stand?
This is not a test, it is an actual emergency and we have been informed where to turn!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...