Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Despite the laws . . .

Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” which is the first commandment with a promise . . .“so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.” Fathers,do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.(Ephesians 6:1-4)
Despite the laws of my state and country, as a father I will still teach and defend my faith within my family. (Joshua 24;15) I must face my wife and children each day. I must stand before my God one day as well. Even if unpopular or politically incorrect, I will stand for the Bible and the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Just as many did in the past, we will given plenty of opportunities to stand for our God in the near future. Fathers in particular, will we stand for Christ and His principles?
What will we do?
What will our response be?
Will we crumble, hide, or disappear in the shadows? Despite the laws, will we be unashamed of the Gospel and our Savior? This is not a political issue, an issue of culture, or an issue of race. It is an issue with our relationship with Jesus Christ! Fathers . . . men . . . young teenage males . . . will we refuse to be conformed and molded into the world's view and continue to allow the Spirit free will in our lives to continually transform us into His image? (Romans 12:1-2)
Will we lead by the Gospel or be lead by the world?
Despite the law, will we be salt and light in this world or be trampled upon and be rendered worthless for God?

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...