Friday, October 26, 2012

The change is evident !

For you have heard of my previous way of life in Judaism, how intensely I persecuted the church of God and tried to destroy it. I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my own age among my people and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my fathers. But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being. I did not go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went into Arabia. Later I returned to Damascus. Then after three years, I went up to Jerusalem to get acquainted with Cephas and stayed with him fifteen days. I saw none of the other apostles . . . only James, the Lord’s brother. I assure you before God that what I am writing you is no lie. (Galatians 1:13-20)
A change that is radically visible . . . this is what happens when the Holy Spirit enters one's life. The change is evident in one's walk, his talk, and decisions he makes in life. Others should be able to see a new way of thinking, a different motivation, maybe just a subtle change in lifestyle . . . but a change nonethelesss.
One cannot claim to have accepted Christ and not change somehow.
Paul went from killing Christians to being the greatest advocate for the Savior . . . even puting his own life in danger! What change has occurred in your life? I am sure you can list them. I know I can. Though I have a L O N G way to go, I can count the changes God has made in my life! From my thought process, my priorities in life, how I think of others, even to my career; God has changed me from the inside out! Wow . . . . Think of your life . . . If you are like me, you will thank God for the changes. I can see where I was headed 20 years ago! Yes, He indeed SAVED me! Yet I have so far to go to say I am pleasing God every day. It seems as as the hours go by, I can number the ways I have disappointed Him. Yet I can face another day because of His grace! (1 JOhn 1:9) No matter what tomorrow brings, I can rest assured that I am safe. Think back today and thank God for saving you . . . and if you have not responded yet, today is the day to ask Him to save you from your sin! (Hebrews 3:15) There is a storm coming . . . are you ready?

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...