Thursday, October 25, 2012

Saved . . . Really?

Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you . . .unless, of course, you fail the test? (1 Corinthians 13:5)
It is good to ask the question at times:
"Am I saved . . . really saved?"
Saved from what . . . and by whom? Do I really need to be rescued? Many folks do not even realize there is a need to be saved. They have never been told that there is a sin nature in each of us (Romans 3:23) and that we all are good deep inside. That is not what the Bible teaches! None of us are good !(Romans 3:10). We can only be forgiven of of this sin nature by Jesus' blood. (Romans 6:23, Romans 10:9-10)It is only through Him that sin is forgiven by God the Father.(1 John 1:9) Only God knows His children and the only evidence of that is the way in which we live. So have we indeed been born again? (John 3:3) Is our relationship with God personal? (John1:12) Are we showing fruit in our lives? (Galatians 5:22-23) Do we want to obey God? (John 14:15) Just a few vital questions to ponder . . . Listen to Jesus' prayer for all who believe:
My prayer for all of them is that they will be one, just as you and I are one,Father . . .that just as you are in me and I am in you, so they will be in us, and the world will believe you sent me. (John 17:21)
Am I saved . . . really?

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...