Wednesday, October 3, 2012

not always romance, but always love

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. (1 Corinthians 13:8-12)
I believe most of us are familiar with the love verses in this section of Scripture. We hear them quoted at weddings and even testimonies at funerals. We have even seen them in popular little doll statues with all the love is . . .sayings. Love never fails, but it does change. Love matures as we do. The meaning differs from one relationship to another. But love, true love, is from God and is genuine and not based upon feelings, but commitment! I often tell tees that dating comes after marriage as we grow in love with one another. The more we get to know our spouse, the deeper our love grows. The unfortunate thing is that for most couples, dating stops after marriage! As we model God's love through our marriages, let us remember that a hurting world is watching. Young people living in doubt need to see God's love reflected in our marriage relationship. This is a real, maturing, and genuine love that is visible for all to see . . . the love of God in us.
not always romance, but always love!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...