Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Living Epistles

You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everyone. You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.(2 Corinthians 2:2-3)
We have heard it said that we Christians are living episitles, or letters, especially a formal or didactic ones; or in this case living communications of God's word to the world. What an awesome responsibility! So I often wonder what I am communicating to the world? I realize my living is not as powerful as Paul's. He was called to do what God had him to do. However, each of us has a story to tell; How God changed our lives and how we now live because of Him! Each moment we live writes another sentence, another paragraph, another chapter . . . God is writing HIS-tory through us for others to witness first-hand. Just as others saw Paul change before their very eyes our freinds, family, and associates should witness a transformation in our lives. We should not be who we were and not yet who we will be. What are others readng as a result of their relationship with us? Is it the truth about the God we claim to know or simply another action novel full of deception and lies? Are we living out the Gospel for all to see? I thank God for all those who have lived the Christian life in such a real way right before my eyes so I could experience Jesus for myself and ask Him into my life. It is my prayer that my life will do the same for smeone else!
God is still writin HIS-tory . . . .

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...