Monday, October 22, 2012

I have to laugh at times . . .

Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.(2 Corinthians 9:6-7)
Reading thisthis morning, I have to admit, I have to laugh at times in my walk with God! I sit back and realize that it just does not make sense . . . to the world that is. Giving up good jobs with benefits to follow a calling that does not guarantee any immediate benefits, pleasures, or rewards. Turn my back to consistent pay, opportunities for all the overtime I could handle, paid vacations, and a sweet retirement package for a future hope? Give away all this for a life of sacrifice, service, and simple living . . . and be cheerful about it?
Oh yes, I have to laugh at times for sure!
It just does not add up for the common man, but for one who understands the plans of God for His children, it makes perfect sense! Once God gives eternal life, it is easy to live a life of giving back . . . so much so that it makes one laugh!

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...