Monday, October 29, 2012

It's not my life . . .

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Galatians 2:20)
I've been crucified with Christ, He lives in me it's not my life . . . that's how we roll...
This is the rap some young friends from New Orleans wrote a few years ago in regards to their ministry in the aftermath of Katrina. (http://www.urbanimpact.org) Funny, on this day (October 29, 2012)when the East Coast is battling Hurricane Sandy, this verse becomes a way of life as well here! We live to honor Christ and serve others. Pastor John encourages all who serve Urban Impact in New Orleans to "love God with all you got and love peole 'til you drop!". I am so grateful to those who have taught me how to really serve (Pastor John, Pastor Mike, John, Kevin, Dingo, Tre,Terry, Jeremy, Katie, and so many more . . .) I try to live out these two great commandments each day I have remaining here on earth. It is a challenge for sure, but a real encouragement that it is not about me, but Christ and others . . . not just in times of disaster, but every day!
So how can we bless others thisday and cause them to praise our God? (John 15:8)

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...