Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Graded on a Curve...

Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:7-10)
If Paul did not get and "A", then surely I would receive an "F"! Paul was the man. He had it going on! Yet he could boast upon nothing in comparison to what the Lord had done for him! Even though we have talents and accomplish some great things in life, it is simply because the Lord has allowed it and equipped us. Relying upon the grace of God to get by each day keeps us all grounded.
When it is all said and done and we all face the Lord, I am so relieved that we all will be graded on a curve!
The grade we receive in life will either be based upon our own efforts or upon the efforts of Jesus Christ upon the cross. I choose to allow His grace to get me through! So bring on the frustrations, the challenges, yes even the failures . . . I can still be victorious through Christ. Because of Him, my report card will read "Well done!"

No comments:

Anxious? Fearful? Unsure? Seek His PEACE minute by minute.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the...