Wednesday, September 26, 2012

One Team . . . One Goal . . . Follow the Leader

I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought. My brothers and sisters, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas”; still another, “I follow Christ.” (1 Corinthians 1: 10-12)
As the Body of Christ, we should be one team . . . with one goal . . . following one leader. All too often, this is not the case. We find divisions, within demominations as well as within local churches. No team can be very successful for long with infighting and quarrelling. As it is a problem today within our various churches, it was also in Paul's days. I believe it is human nature to want to be the one and not to be one! Listen to Paul's words to the Ephesian church . . .
Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.(Ephesians 4:3-6)
There is only one Good Shepherd! We all fall under His rule. While we may admire this pastor or that minister, it is not them whom we follow, but Christ. As they come under the Savior's guidance, we can easily follow their lead. It is Christ whom was crucified and raised from the dead and His Spirit which leads and guides us all. God is on the throne and His Spirit leads the churches. Let's not get caught up in worshipping the representatives of Christ, but rather the real thing.
We are one team . . . one goal . . . following one Leader . . . Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Yes vs No . . . Do not cheat God and family!

But my eyes are fixed on You, Sovereign Lord; in You, I take refuge—do not give me over to death. Keep me safe from the traps set by evil...