Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Not Just a Movie, but a Lifestyle

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God . . . this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is his good, pleasing and perfect will.(Romans 12:1-2)
We often get caught up in movies, actors, and everything else we see on the big screen, TV, and on DVD. However, this title is not just a movie, but a lifestyle! he Bible is talking about real life transformers . . . not robots from outer space! Paul is referring to you and me in this present day. Besides being one of my life verses, remnding me that this walk with Jesus is new each day, it is a challenge to not get too comfortable in this world. My role is to represent the Living and True God, not to blend in to a cold, dark, and disgusting world. I have come to realize that I cannot have it both ways. I am either in a state of transforming into what God would have me to be, or I am conforming to this twisted image of a man that the world would like me to be. There is no middle ground. I must not allow this world to grip me. I must give over complete control to the Holy Spirit in order show Christ to this world. You see, we can allow the environment to change us, or we can change the environment in whick we find ourselves.
Choose ye this day . . .(Joshua 24:15).

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...