Saturday, August 25, 2012

This gives me peace!

I rejoice in your promise like one who finds great spoil. I hate and detest falsehood but I love your law. Seven times a day I praise you for your righteous laws. Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble. I wait for your salvation, Lord, and I follow your commands. (Psalm 119: 162-166)
No doubt, I love the Lord! Please do not read anything else into this entry. I truly love my Savior and all He has done for me. I may never understand why, but I am so very greatful! Like the psalmist, I seem to be talking to Him all throughout the day, even in my sin if you can understand. You see, I am not claiming to be perfect . . . far from it. Perhaps like you, I cannot understand why I keep sinning when I know how much Christ has done for me. I do not want to , but like Paul, it is that sin within me that causes me constant conflict!(Romans 7:15-25) Yet I praise God for His grace, His mercy, and His longsuffering kindness towards me! Like the songwriter penned and sang, "I don't know why Jesus loves me . . . oh but I'm glad . . . so glad . . ." At the end of the day . . . even my worst days . . . I know Jesus loves me! Whether I have been wronged, talked about, mistreated, or just plain forgotten throughout the day . . . Jesus loves me! This gives me peace! I will wait for the good days to come . . . and they will. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, maybe not until I see my Jesus . . . but good days will come. Despite the struggles, I long for for those days and keep pressing forward . . . . Jesus is working things out! (Romans 8:28)

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...