Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Foundations of Life

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers,and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.
(Psalm 91:1-6) What are your foundations of life? What holds you up day by day? What, if it is shaken, will rattle your life to the core? The Bible teaches us that those who trust in God . . . those who place their faith and hope in Him . . . those who build their lives upon the Rock . . . (Matthew 7:24) will not be shaken, but live upon solid ground. We all have put our faith in our jobs, our degrees, our skills, our friends, even our families. Perhaps the credit cards, the bank account, or the retirement plan give some of us security. It may even be a spouse. Not all the things listed are bad things, just not the most secure! I too am learning to trust God more and things and people less. I am NOT what I do, I am who I am in Christ! The only real secure thing in this world is a faith in the living and true God! It gives us peace, His presence, and assurance. God has been to the past . . . He has been to the future and back . . . He is here with us in the present. Trust Him . . . let go of things and people and place total trust in Him alone. He is the foundation of life!

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...