Friday, July 6, 2012

Ready for a New Start?

Praise the Lord, all you nations; extol him, all you peoples. For great is his love toward us,and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever.
(Psalm 117) The great thing about our God is that He is never-changing. He IS faithful! Yet as He is faithful, He is full of surprises each and every day! This is what makes the Christian life so abundant and so worth living! Each day HIS-tory is being written upon your life and mine . . . and all to His glory! Jeremiah knew this despite his disappointments and struggles . . .
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him;
(Lamentations 3:22-25) I realize more than most the ups and downs of life. Since becoming a disciple of Christ twenty years ago, my life has been full of ups and downs: single fatherhood, family disappointments, remarriage, adoptions, leaving stable job for mission life, family illnesses, rebellious children, receiving degrees from seminary, vacations, loss of jobs, cancer scares, and on and on . . . but God remains good! I may not always like what God allows or even His discipline, yet I still trust Him with my life. (Job 13:15) So even if yesterday was a bad day . . . God is here today waiting for you and me! Are you ready for a new start? Invite God in . . .

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...