Thursday, July 5, 2012

Life or Death . . . You Decide!

But if a wicked man turns away from all the sins he has committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, he will surely live; he will not die. (Ezekiel 18:21) Many folks are wandering around in life not just lost, but lost without hope. God's Word is full hope and encouragement. We simply need to read it, share it, and live it out so others may see the hope God offers! Though we all will experience illness, disease, and eventually physical death, one need not experience spiritual death . . . eternal separation from God. Being secure in God for eternity requires a personal decison to turn from sinful ways and follow after the things of God! We make decisions every day . . . hard ones! Which bills do I pay first . . . Is it possible for the family to go on a vacation this year . . . What is more important, longer hours, a second job, or less things and more time at home with family? The vital decisions concerning life are answered day after day, yet we ignore the eternal decision . . . Do I choose life or death? Joshua made the decision many years ago: "But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” (Joshua 24:15) We too must make the decision for ourselves. The writer of Hebrews reiterated what the psalmist wrote: “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion.” (Hebrews 3:15, Psalm 95:7,8) I thank God that He pursued me. I thank God others loved me enough to challenge me to decide some twenty years ago. So what about you? Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God . . . (John 1:12) Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again." (John 3:3) There is life in Christ . . . eternal life. Life or death . . . YOU decide!

No comments:

Yes vs No . . . Do not cheat God and family!

But my eyes are fixed on You, Sovereign Lord; in You, I take refuge—do not give me over to death. Keep me safe from the traps set by evil...