Friday, June 8, 2012

Whatever I wish for?

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
(John 15:7-8) This is a much maligned verse in the Bible. People say, "I will receive the things I ask for because I am a Christian." Not so . . . If we read the verse closely, the words read "If you remain in me and my words in you . . ." We must first be in the will of God and living by His direction. The verses go on to read that it is the Father's glory that we bear much fruit. This involves teaching, serving, sacrifice, and showing Christ to others in how we live. Being in Christ and with Christ is not about me, but Christ! As we walk with Him we receive the things we need to bear fruit for His purposes. I am still learning . . . the things I go through are to glorify the Father and not build me up! My rewards should be in heaven, not here. Lord help me to keep learning and doing Your will more often rather than my own!!!

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...