Wednesday, May 2, 2012

care enough to share

It is better to heed a wise man's rebuke than to listen to the song of fools.
(Ecclesiastes 7:5) Old wise Solomon . . . still speaking wisdom today . . . How many times today have we wiser folks been mentioning to the younger crowd to to our advice over the foolish lyrics of songs the younger crowd is listening to 24/7? Do not get me wrong: I enjoy a lot of the music today and it's messages. But some lyrics and music videos are just downright foolish! Here in chapter seven of Ecclesiastes, Solomon begins by reminding us of the importance of good name (Ecclesiates 7:1) The legacy we leave behind when we die lasts.Our integrity . . . our character. . . what we are known for is really who we are. It is what we leave behind in the hearts and minds of those we leave behind. As we go through life, it is hoped that we grow in wisdom and leave behind the foolish things of our youth!
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.
(1 Corinthians 13:11) Paul reminds us to flee the silly things of our youth and to grow, mature, become an adult! Unfortunately today there are many foolish adults still living in their teen years. Who are the young people to follow? What are we leaving them? Today's problems all not all the fault of our youth! Those of us who know better need to be sure to invest in our yourh and become responsible to care enough to share with others coming up . . . It begins in our own homes and families and extends to the neighborhoods and church families. Are you willing to be an investor . . .

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...