Friday, April 13, 2012

Same but different . . .

However, I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets, and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.
(Acts 24:14-16)

Same but different . . . sound confusing? Not really . . .

I am the same person I was nearly 20 years ago when the Lord rescued me from a downward path to hell. But boy am I different!

I have different values. I have different throughts. I have different plans. I have a much different vision for my future and the future of my family!

I no longer live for me. I live for my God and for His will. I strive to please Him. I want to help others. I care less about me and more about everyone else. While I still have a desire to sin and fall quite often, I do not plan to sin and do not enjoy the sin anymore! God has changed me from the inside out, yet I am still me!

Same but different . . . like with Paul . . . there is a battle waging. But God has already won!

For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!
(Romans 7:22-25)

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...