Thursday, April 5, 2012

Leading by Example: A Suffering Servant

I let my enemies beat me on my bare back. I let them pull the hair out of my beard. I didn't turn my face away when they made fun of me and spit on me.
(Isaiah 50:6)

It's amazing how a book written in 8th Century B.C. would tell us so much about a Savior who would suffer for all of mankind. Though others disagree that the Old Testament predicted the suffering of our Savior . . . I believe. Many refused to believe then and they will refuse to believe both today and in the future. I believe! What about you? Are you willing to share this belief and even suffer the results of standing for a Savior who stood for each one of us?

Ponder these words from the prophet Isaiah as we all focus on the suffering our Lord and Savior bore for us so we may indeed be free of sin!

Who has believed what we've been saying? Who has seen the Lord's saving power? His servant grew up like a tender young plant. He grew like a root coming up out of dry ground. He didn't have any beauty or majesty that made us notice him. There wasn't anything special about the way he looked that drew us to him. Men looked down on him. They didn't accept him. He knew all about sorrow and suffering. He was like someone people turn their faces away from. We looked down on him. We didn't have any respect for him. He suffered the things we should have suffered. He took on himself the pain that should have been ours. . . .
(Isaiah 53:1-12)

He is no longer suffering . . . the battle is won!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...