Tuesday, April 10, 2012

And now . . .?

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship.
(Romans 12:1)

Easter is over . . . we have viewed movies and tapes and videos concerning Christ's suffering and shed a tear or two. We have redicated our lives to follow closer to the Lord and to attend church services every Sunday. Back to work . . . back to school . . . back to life . . . back to reality. AND NOW . . .?

I came across one of my most challenges verses in Scriptures this morning. Thank you Lord for reminding me that nothing has really changed even after a week away from the grind. The Christian life is never easy and always a challenge . . . if we truly love the Lord and want to please Him! Oops . . . I said never and always didn't I?

The very least we can do if we love Jesus is to offer a life of sacrifice unto Him and His will. It is our basic act of worship! Not a song . . . not a prayer . . . not a financial gift . . . a life of sacrificing my desires for God's ways!

So life goes on . . . and now?

What real decisions must we make today?

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...