Friday, March 23, 2012

sin less and less until we are sinless

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.
(Luke 8:17)

It is not an excuse to say "God knows all about me" in order to keep sinning. Knowing that God is omniscient shopuld cause us to constantly be humbled and striving to be sinless in His sight! Peter calls us to be holy . . . because God is holy! (1 Peter 1:16)

Paul warns us that grace is not freedom to sin. (Romans 6:1-2) In fact, grace gives us freedom to not sin. We are no longer slaves! We are free to live as Christ intended. I realize it is not easy . . . as my students in school and in our mentoring always remind me. But I do not need their reminders . . . I have enough of my own sin to deal with!

However, the goal is to sin less and less until we are sinless! We can do it. We have the Spirit living within us! God loves each of us and desires everyone to be saved. However, it takes repentance (turning away)from a sinful lifestyle, not a continuance day after day in the same things God calls SIN! The Holy Spirit convicts us and strengthens us to live holy.

All things are possible with Christ . . . all things!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...