Monday, March 5, 2012

Reputation or Integrity?

I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have found your deeds unfinished in the sight of my God.
(Revelation 3:1-2)

Oh yes, God knows the real me! No matter my reputation among men, God knows what's truly up within me. He knows my real motives. He knows what I really want out of life. Am I after His will or about my own business? Is it my reputaion, (what man thinks) or my integrity (what God knows about me) that counts?

Jesus, even as a young boy,was in touch with the Father . . .

“Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?” But they did not understand the statement which He spoke to them. Then He went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was subject to them, but His mother kept all these things in her heart. And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.
(Luke 2:49-52)

At times we can grow stagnant in serving the Lord and begin to accept man's applause and be set upon pleasing people. Serving people's needs is one thing. Being about our Father's business is quite another! Many times, God's agenda may just cause a few eyebrows to be raised among His people! What God has forme is for me! If man is a bit confused (even our closest freinds and family)it's ok. God will deal with that. Eternity is at stake and we must get back on track! We cannot afford to have our deeds left unfinished as the Lord said to the church in Sardis.

What is God writing about you and me? What would He say? Are we alive and active for Him or dead men walking . . . just getting by and going through the motions? Ask God . . . seek His face . . . let's have Him challenge us to remain in the race pursuing His will. If man understands fine. If they join us, fine. If they do not, it's ok too. Let's keep our hands on the plow and move forward. There is work to be done!

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...