Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Not Super-Christians

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
(Matthew 11:28-30)

Jesus understands being tired, weary, disappointed, and in need of rest. Especially as we approach Holy Week, it is important to know that He understands we are not super-Christians!

As Jesus suffered the cruelest of punishments and sufferings, we can be assured of His mercy. We can know that He reaizes we gert weary. Life can grind at our very soul. The more we labor for Him, the more the world can beat us down. At times it does not make sense. We become physically and emotionally drained. We need a lift. We need comfort. We need rest, not just for our bodies, but for our souls!

My pastor reminded me recently that even Jesus could not reach everyone! He too was rejected. He too was ridiculed. He too was told He was not good enough.

Whatever is dragging us down today we can rest in knowing our Savior has been where we are. Let us go to Him and find peace and solice. While it is good to get away, someties all we need is time with Him. Make that special time in the day to get alone with Jesus and pour out feelings of rejection and frustration. Let Him know when we hurt.

Lord, can be any other way? How can I get through this? Let him know the deep down heart issues of life.

But plan that time away too . . .

No comments:

Yes vs No . . . Do not cheat God and family!

But my eyes are fixed on You, Sovereign Lord; in You, I take refuge—do not give me over to death. Keep me safe from the traps set by evil...