Wednesday, March 7, 2012

However, as it is written: "No eye has seen,no ear has heard,no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him."
(1 Corinthians 2:9)

Have you ever just considered for a moment to allow God full control of your life? Imagine the possibilities! Mr. Moody, (Dwight Lyman Moody) did just that and God did a magnificent work in his life. Consider the following:

Some day you will read in the papers that D.L. Moody of East Northfield, is dead. Don't you believe a word of it! At that moment I shall be more alive than I am now; I shall have gone up higher, that is all, out of this old clay tenement into a house that is immortal- a body that death cannot touch, that sin cannot taint; a body fashioned like unto His glorious body.

I was born of the flesh in 1837. I was born of the Spirit in 1856. That which is born of the flesh may die. That which is born of the Spirit will live forever.

Henry Varley, a very intimate friend of Mr. Moody in the earlier days of his work, loved to tell how how he once said to him: "It remains to be seen what God will do with a man who gives himself up wholly unto Him." When Mr. Henry Varley said that Mr. Moody said to himself: "Well I will be that man."


Mr. Moody was not concerned with titles, degrees or positions of autority. He simply desired to be used of God. I want to be that man too! How about you? (Romans 12:1-2)

Have your way Lord!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...