Thursday, February 9, 2012

Yes we can . . . but will we?

Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it. What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.”
(Mark 8:34-38)

I follow Christ . . . many say it, but few do it! So what does it take? How much sacrifice? How much "it's not about me"? Often I am asked, "Is it really that serious?"

It's HARD o be a Christian . . . a little Christ . . . a Christ-follower. C'mon now, 24-7 . . . always dong what God wants and always in communication with Him.

How can one really be a disciple of Jesus Christ?

One has to be super-human! It takes super-natural power. We however, are only human after all! As all the youth have told me at one time or another . . . I am not Jesus!

Oh I agree, we canot do this alone. We cannot do this of our own power. We are just simple no-bodies!

However, for those who are truly children of God, to those who have called upon His name . . . repented and asked for His forgiveness . . . these have received such power!

Power?, you say. Yes power . . . super-natural power!

Jesus left His disciples with these words:

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you
. . . (Acts 1:8)

Yes we can . . . but will we?

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...