Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Man or God . . . Choose Your Sides!

When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?
(Psalm 56:3-4)

Captured by the Philistines, pretending to be insane in order to escape, David knew where to turn. He wasn't crazy! He was confiding in God . . . the only one he could trust.

Pain and faith had collided. Where was David to turn? Who can we trust when our trusted freinds and family seem far away or simply do not understand? When the world closes in, where is our solace?

Paul said it this way, echoing his confidence in God:

What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
(Romans 8:31)

God has a plan for each of us, even when things seem their worst, He works things out for His good will as we trust in Him. We must have a desire to have His will fulfilled in our lives in order to experience this peace. Do we trust our God?
It comes down to this . . .Man or God . . .Choose your sides!

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.”
(Joshua 24:15)

I find myself faced with making this choice many times throughout each day. We have to choose! We cannot have it both ways. Have Your way Lord . . .be glorified!

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...