Monday, February 13, 2012

Love is . . . Not a Quitter!

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. (1 Corinthians 13:6-7)

If you notice a theme in the very popular verses above: ALWAYS and NEVER. Now I realize that in relationships we are not to use these two words when engaged in what I refer to as intense fellowship. But since the apostle Paul uses them here, I would like to share some of my opinions too . . . especially to the gentlemen on this Valentine's Eve.

Men, love is ALWAYS protective.

Love is ALWAYS trusting.

Love ALWAYS keeps hope alive.

Love ALWAYS perseveres.

Love NEVER quits . . . on a spouse, on a child, or on God!

There it is in very simple to understand words. We do not need to read any complicated directions or manuals guys. We have no excuses. God has not quit on any of us. Dedication, loyalty and commitment really cannot be expressed in flowers, candies, dinners, or gold. It has to be lived out. Love is not a quitter!

Don't quit guys . . . and buy the flowers!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...