Friday, January 27, 2012

Is It Clear?

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God . . .this is your spiritual act of worship.
(Romans 12:1)

As many times as I read this my most challenging verse in the Bible, it always hits my heart. The least I can do for God is to give my body over to Him to use! Last I checked, my body included my mind, my heart, my eyes, my hands, my feet, my belly, my biceps . . . do you get my point?

Is it clear
whatPaul is saying here?

Paul (Saul)was such a zealot for the Jews before coming to Christ. In fact, he authorized the killing of Stephen. (Acts 8:1-3) he was determined to do away with the Christians. However, once he was convinced that Jesus was indeed the Messiah, he was even more determined that all be saved, especially the Jews! (Romans 9:3) We know how he suffered constant persecution for the sake of the Gospel.

As we enter the weekend, let's be challenged to once again offer all we are and all we do for the sake of Christ. Our prayers, our workouts, our diet, our personal relationships should all be geared to be God-honoring and sacrifical in nature.

Personally I am way too selfish . . . too worried about my agenda, my time, and my needs. I have to realize it is NOT about me, but God and others . . . all the time!

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...