Saturday, December 31, 2011

sacrifice, soul searching . . . and submission

Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak.
(Matthew 26:41)

At the time when we all look back with hopes of improving for the future, Jesus has a warning: the spirit is willing but the body is weak!

We have all the best intentions: lose weight, do more for others, save more/spend less, volunteer more often, and on and on . . . .

However, let us heed Jesus' words: watch and pray!

Let's look around and honestly examine our lives with the aid of the Holy Spirit. Let's be real with Him and ourselves. Allow God to guide our plans. There is a way that seems right to each of us, but God knows what is best.

I am trying to follow God's resolutions for my life in 2012 and beyond . . . what about you? This will require much sacrifice and soul searching . . . and submission!

Pray for me as I pray for you!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...