Friday, November 4, 2011

Repent . . . Repent . . . and be saved!

But if a wicked man turns away from all the sins he has committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, he will surely live; he will not die.
(Ezekiel 18:21)

It is a simple message preached throughout the Bible, but not very popular today . . . REPENT and live! Jonah shared it relunctantly with those in Ninevah and an entire city turned around.(Jonah 3:1-10)Peter preached to the crowds (Acts 2:38) and thousands were saved! Many know of God today . . . even joyfully attend church, bible studies, and ministry activity. Folks by the thousands attend various congregations and support ministries worldwide. But how many have truly repented and been regenerated?

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
(1 John 1:9)

God promises to wipe away all guilt from all sin if we truly repent . . . admit our sinful condition and turn away from sin. Now this does not mean we will never sin again . . . but that is possible with the power of the Holy Spirit! I am still on the road of trusting God with my life, but more and more each day I realize how much I need Him. I truly am no good without Christ!

True forgiveness comes only through true repentance! Salvation is through Christ alone. Nothing we do aside from pleading the blood of Christ will suffice.

It is time to put a halt to the good times preaching and begin to seek the true word of God. Oh I thank God for the ones God has given to me since first hearing the Truth. I thank God for a wife who holds me to His Word. I thank God for His Spirit which keeps me humble. I am still far from perfect and in need of His grace, but thank God I realize it more than ever!

Sorry is not enough. There has to be a change! Repent . . . Repent . . . and be saved!

No comments:

Yes vs No . . . Do not cheat God and family!

But my eyes are fixed on You, Sovereign Lord; in You, I take refuge—do not give me over to death. Keep me safe from the traps set by evil...