Thursday, November 17, 2011

No Cross . . . No Crown

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
((Hebrews 12:1-2)

The previous chapter in Hebrews describes the many who went before the author and endured so much for the rewards faith in Christ offers. Even today, I can look around me and realize so many God has put into my life to instruct, admonish, and encourage me. I have witnessed their faith, their perseverance, and the peace they experience as they continue in their sacrifice to serve God.

And so I run. . . No matter the circumstance I cannot quit: on family, on relationships, on my job, on God. Nothing is too hard for God. I have read it sure, but I have seen it. I have seen my wife, my pastor, my co-workers, others God has put into my life endure hardship for the Lord. I have experienced it for myself time and time again.

. . .but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
(Isaiah 40:31)

Let's focus on the finish line . . . No cross, no crown!

No comments:

Your will, not mine God . . . true freedom

. . .whoever commits sin is a slave of sin . And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever . Therefore if the ...