Saturday, November 12, 2011

Deceiving Our Youth Today.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
(Jeremiah 29:11)

Writing on a Saturday is not my norm, but I am burdened for out youth this weekend. All my years of coaching, mentoring, and teaching, I have never been more afraid for our young people. While it is true that things will only get worse in this world, there is still God!

Knowing the Lord as I do now, that should be comforting. Being able to share His words with so many young people (our own and those God has given to us over the years), my desire is that they not simply trust me, but trust GOD! However, I am witnessing different results and it hurts deeply ...

The verse above from the prophet Jeremiah is not simply an Old Testament promise. It is not only repeated, but enhanced through our Savior. However, the enemy (Satan) is doing a great job of deceiving our youth today.

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
(John 10:10)

Jesus is not promising riches, fame, or earthly success, but Satan is dangling just that before our kids. Instant gratification, blind from consequences, applause . . . applause . . . applause! Have it all now . . . live for today . . . there will be time for all that church stuff later . . . All this for what?

If I could just convince the young people that God is true. Satan still lies better than anyone. Please stop thinking you can wait . . .Our youth's future is NOW!

A young Daniel trusted God and even the king knew it! (Daniel 6:16) Jude knew it. (Jude 24) After all Paul went through, he too realized the promises of God!(1 Corinthians 15:57) If we expect the kids to follow, we who know the Lord have to set the example. We cannot give up. Like the Good Shepherd, we shall seek even just one.(Luke 19:10)

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
(Matthew 6:33)

Pray . . . pray . . . for our young folks, but do not stop there . . . we have to stay engaged. God did not quit on me and I will not give up on up youth!

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...