Monday, October 3, 2011

I am special

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
(Hebrews 13:5)

The economy has always had its ups and downs. The stock market should not be a barometer of our life's worth. Our check book does not measure the love and concern we have for our families. Our value in life is not gaged by the size of our pay check. What we have, or what others possess, should not motivate us.

Listen to Paul as he shares a great secret to living a Godly life . . .

. . .I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
(Philippians 4:11-13)

Contentment . . . inner peace knowing God is in control, knowing He is right in the middle of things, brings a confidence beyond conparison! Things may not look too good to the casual observer, but things will be all right! God's promises are secure.

Accepting what God has for me is key to peaceful living. I am special to God and what He has for me is special. The more I learn to accept my life and not run after the the life of others, the more I will enjoy this life and anticipate the life to come with Christ!

I want what God wants for me and I can only getting by being one with Him, not this world!

No comments:

Anxious? Fearful? Unsure? Seek His PEACE minute by minute.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the...