Thursday, October 13, 2011

Accountability

I and my brothers and my men are also lending the people money and grain. But let us stop charging interest!Give back to them immediately their fields, vineyards, olive groves and houses, and also the interest you are charging them—one percent of the money, grain, new wine and olive oil.”
(Nehemiah 5:10-11)

A servant-leader does not simply call meetings and give orders. He or she sets the pace. As God leads and directs they follow by example.

Nehemiah called the leaders to stop putting so much of a burden on a paeople who were already sacrificing for the rebuilding of the walls. He set the example by sharing his own possessions. He called the leaders to be accountable. He did not simply take their word for it, but to make an oath!

Then I summoned the priests and made the nobles and officials take an oath to do what they had promised. I also shook out the folds of my robe and said, “In this way may God shake out of their house and possessions anyone who does not keep this promise. So may such a person be shaken out and emptied!”
Nehemiah 5:12-13)

No matter who we lead or what position we may be in this day, Godly leaders . . . servant-leaders do not simply call meetings and give direction: they are part of the answer . . . they set the pace. God will remember!

Remember me with favor, my God, for all I have done for these people.
(Nehemiah 5:19)

No comments:

Anxious? Fearful? Unsure? Seek His PEACE minute by minute.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the...